Wednesday 4 November 2015

Make your own PSL

I turn into your basic white girl when Autumn comes around. I love me my PSL's. I practically squealed when i saw the sign in the Starbucks window. I decided that I would try and make own seeing as the closest Starbucks to me is a 30 minute drive away!



First off, you need pumpkin pie spice, now this is very hard to get hold of in the UK. You can buy this online, or you can make some yourself which I chose to do. Basically all you have to do is throw a load of spices together, easy as pie (lol).

Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cloves

You can get all of the above ingredients from Tesco or other supermarkets.


Once you have made your pumpkin pie spice, you need to heat up your milk either in a little pan or in the microwave. As you heat up your milk, add as much pumpkin pie spice as you like, I go for half a teaspoon as it is quite strong! then I like to add some vanilla essence (or vanilla coffee syrup, either will work) to make it a bit sweeter.


Then add half brewed coffee to your cup, and half  of your milk, also as much sugar as you like to sweeten it up. I like to have it in my big Starbucks mug for added affect ;)

There you have it! How to make your own PSL. Let me know how you like this easy recipe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment