Sunday 10 January 2016

How to actually stick to New Year's resolutions

So I try not to set concrete resolutions every year. I always say I'm going to 'try' and do something, because I can be such a fickle person, and lose interest in things very quickly!


I heard about this idea, where you don't set a bunch of resolutions to do all year, but you think of 12, and then do one monthly. I thought this was brilliant, one because I think a month is a good amount of time to set yourself to try something out, and by giving yourself an end date you're more likely to see it through until the end of the month.

I'm not 100% sure what my resolutions will be throughout the year, but my January resolution is going to be:

Put your phone away when you're around other people

I am so guilty of being with my boyfriend, my friends, and my family, and being on my phone. I've been on the receiving end of it, and it is one of those things that does annoy me, particularly when you're trying to talk to someone and they're straight up blanking you because they're doing something on their phone. I feel like I can't really say anything though, because I do it too! But for one month, I'm going to put my phone away in social situations. I really hope that I learn something from this months resolution, and that it kinda sticks with me somewhat throughout the year. Only time will tell!

Do you believe in resolutions? If so, have you got any? If not, what do you think of monthly resolutions instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment